PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL
- In keeping with the directives of Canon 537, the PFC is a small advisory body to the parish pastor to assist him in developing, maintaining, and disbursing the material and financial resources of the entire parish within the limits of Canon Law and archdiocesan financial policies.
- The PFC is concerned with the triple aspects of Christian stewardship in terms of time, talent, and treasure of the parish and its members.
- The PFC makes recommendations to the parish pastor and the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) on the best use of resources to fulfil the Church’s mission for the sake of the Gospel, the common good, and implementing parish and archdiocesan goals, by:
- developing a three-year fiscal plan for the parish;
- assisting parish committees and staff to prepare and submit their annual budgets;
- approving the financial soundness of the parish budget or recommending alternatives to the PPC for authorization, in consensus with the pastor; and
- reviewing and approving all banking arrangements, capital expenditures, and long-term contracts.
- The PFC will work closely with the Maintenance Team (MT) of the parish (in the section of maintenance of the parish and community centre and its surroundings.
- Delegated to monitor parish revenues and expenditures, the PFC provides the PPC with periodic review on how the parish operates within the authorized budget.
- The PFC gives periodic reports to parishioners regarding the support and financial situation of the parish as well as coordinates all its fund-raising activities.
- The PFC sets up proper procedures to count monies, record monies received and control monies deposited.
PFC comprises the following ministries:
- GSC Staff
- Air Panas Tadika Teachers
- GSC Maintenance Team
- Fund Raising Committee
- Function Raising Committee