We serve the urban poor in and around the parish zone. The poor who approach the church for assistance are directed to this ministry for proper evaluation before a decision is made.
Members of the ministry go out to the homes of the poor to do their evaluation on the needs requested by the poor. Once the evaluation is done with the necessary documentation, the ministry team will meet to consider and decide on the request. The parish priest’s approval is also sought to ensure that the correct decision is reached.
Once the ministry adopts an individual or a family, the needs are looked into on a monthly basis. Review is done on a periodic basis for each case to see if the poor themselves are also to continue without prolong monetary aid from the church.
In some cases, assistance to the poor comes in the form of the following:-
1. Arranging for government aid application
2. Medical aid assistance
3. School expenses assistance
4. Medical apparatus assistance
5. Daily sustenance
6. Transport assistance
7. Assistance for fire victims
8. Scholarship application assistance
More over to enable its members to practice the virtue of charity (love in action) in a spirit of justice, by helping on the person-to-person involvement those in need, irrespective of ethnic, origin or creed.
- Activity Of This Ministry - Click HERE
- Learning English The Fun Way (Article)- Click HERE
- Ministry Of Poor Album- Click HERE